Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Saving Box tops and Shaw's receipts --- Clutter or ???

I have been saving Shaw's receipts for a few months because they will donate 1 percent of the purchases* to a non profit organization. I also save the box tops for the schools so that they can get stuff for them. I know they(Box Tops) helped get things a few years ago.

Here in town the elementary school had a collection spot(for the Shaw's Receipts) for one of the sick kids in town, cannot remember if it was Acacia or Athena. I do not know if they still are but I have been saving the receipts anyway. I figure that every little bit helps.

Does anyone else do this? I am starting to feel like if I didn't it would help with my clutter.

2 comments:

The Dew's said...

I've been saving and have sent in 3 huge bags of them

They are also saving the can tops as well.

and the box tops i send them in too every little bit helps

Sharon said...

I collect them too. The PTA is the one who gets the profit in Middleboro, and we submit them two or three times a year, adding up to over $1000 each time. We turn it right around and spend it on the kids of course, so it seems well worth it to me.