Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thank You for electric breakers

I came home from Nate's soccer today and found that I had no power in my kitchen so I went down to reset the switch wondering why it was not working. Flipped the switch came back up still no power. So as the rest of the house is still working and the kitchen is the ONLY place that has no power and only a fw things are out I think to myself what has changed since before we went to soccer. Well, the ONLY thing was that I had started dinner in the crockpot. So I go and check the crockpot to find it is cool not quite cold yet so I unplug it to see why and realize the at the GD cord is still partially in the inside of the pot in between the bowl and the metal so it had been melted through and the wire had been exposed which is what must have shorted out the breaker for the kitchen.

All, I am thinking is we could have come back to our house on fire if not for the breaker switches. But, thank goodness it just means a new crockpot for me and a change of how I am cooking dinner.

No comments: