Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Nate's First Journal

Today, Nate got his first journal sent home from Kindergarten. It is so damn cute I am going to try to scan and upload them after the kids go to bed tonight. I am VERY impressed with his sentences. They are all supposed to be phonetically(did I spell that right) written so some of the words are not correctly spelled but I am AMAZED.
He already has at least 60 sight words and there are still 2 months left to school(80 sight words are required for kindergartners). He is also sounding out words in books and can do addition and subtraction, they also have started with money in the last couple of weeks.

I am so glad we decided to send him to KIDSTOP for full day kindergarten. It has been worth every penny, even though we are strapped for cash because of it. I can't wait until June and we are done with the monthly payments. The only thing that I am a little unhappy with is his teacher is not very open with telling us what they are doing in the classroom, so I have to drag it out of her or out of Nate. Nate definitely is learning though so I can't REALLY complain at all, she is obviously getting it all into their heads.

No comments: